Monday, September 19, 2011

Cute Kids!!

Just a random post...they are just so stinkin cute. I love looking at pictures of them but i get sad they are all getting so big but happy at the same time!!




2 comments:

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

The kids are getting so big! I want to meet Mr. Turin...he is so cute and always looks so smiley! Hope you guys are enjoying OR. We miss you. :)

shauna said...

I really like it in Medford but my priorities for a place to live may be different from yours. The weather is great which was my number one thing. It hot in the summer but not awful, and it gets cold in the winter, but if it snows it doesn't last. The surroundings are beautiful with green mountains all around. There is tons of outdoor stuff to do like hiking, bike trails, running trails, and even fishing, kayaking, river rafting and tons of beautiful parks. I love that about it. However I do have a friend who feels like she is in no mans land when it comes to shopping. They have all the basics like walmart, target, costco, best buy, and a pretty decent mall. But my friend was upset that they didn't have an anthropology (which I had never even heard about before because Target is nice enough for me). Some of the buildings are a little older looking like they need to be fixed up a bit but they still have all the shopping I would care for. They have beautiful neighborhoods and I'm finding that there is a huge amount of people moving here that are in the medical field. There is also a cute little town about 6 miles west called Jacksonville that Ben loves and wants to end up in eventually but it is the quaint, pricey historic town. Super cute though. We both love it but it will take a while to afford to live there.

As for the schools I don't really research which ones are best even though I know I should but I do like the school they go to. Heidi's previous school was great but more strict about things like recess (they only got one each day) but here it is like my school was growing up. I never worry about the schools too much because I figure they are smart enough but I do like the school. Heidi had all day kindergarten in TN but here they have a half-day which is more like a 2/3 day kindergarten. Kaylee goes from 8-12:30 and Heidi gets out two hours later. So it is actually perfect because Kaylee comes home and has a few hours where the younger kids are napping and it's just her and I before Heidi gets home too.

The church is pretty large out here. There are two stakes I think and 8 wards in our stake. Our ward has a lot of older people because a retirement home is in our boundaries but there are a lot of other wards that have younger families. But the weird thing is that our ward is just big. In TN there weren't nearly as many and even less that wanted to serve but this ward here is much larger and even the old people still serve. Just this last week they released the gospel doctrine teacher and she's like 90.

For us this place is perfect. We are four hrs away from family and Ben loves his job. I like the area a lot but my first priorities really were weather related. I would suggest this place but if you are looking for more big city-type places this isn't like living in Portland, and portland is four hours away. Oh yeah, and I LOVE ashland. They just have awesome parks over there and they also have a lot more tourist type stuff because of the Shakespeare festival. I do like it here. Housing is a bit higher than I expected it to be because I thought it would be super cheap but a decent house is still going to begin around 250. We are renting right now and we pay 950 for a three bedroom brand new townhouse. Any more questions? Anything else you wanted to know about? It is really pretty here but if you like living closer to a big city this isn't really ideal then. Size wise I would say Medford is comparable to Idaho Falls.